CSE 167, Fall 2014: Introduction to Computer Graphics
This class provides an introduction to 3D computer graphics. We will cover the fundamentals of 3D rendering and modeling. The focus is on real-time applications using OpenGL. You will also learn the basics of shader programming using graphics processing units (GPUs). In the course projects you will build your own real-time rendering engine. Here is a detailed class schedule.
- 12/04/2014: The Final Homework Assignment is on-line.
- 11/24/2014: Homework Assignment #6 is on-line.
- 11/14/2014: Homework Assignment #5 is on-line.
- 11/08/2014: Homework Assignment #4 is on-line.
- 10/24/2014: Homework Assignment #3 is on-line.
- 10/17/2014: Homework Assignment #2 is on-line.
- 10/04/2014: Homework Assignment #1 is on-line.
- 10/02/2014: Web page went on-line. Check here for announcements and updates.
Click here for the course schedule.
- Weekly Schedule:
- Lectures: Tuesday/Thursday, 2:00pm-3:20pm, Center Hall 214
- Homework discussion: Mondays 5:00-5:50pm, CSB 001
- Homework grading: Fridays from 3:30pm in CSE labs 260 and 270
- Location for TA and tutor office hours: CSE basement labs as indicated below
- Office Hours:
- Instructor: Dr. Jurgen Schulze (jschulze [at] ucsd.edu, http://www.calit2.net/~jschulze/), Tuesdays 3:30-4:30pm, Atkinson Hall Room 2125
- Teaching Assistants:
- Dylan McCarthy
- Krishna Mullia
- Phillip Ho
- Max Takano
- Rex West
- TA and tutor office hours are posted on Piazza
- For discussions and more information see Piazza
- Section ID: 817688
- Number of units: 4
- Schedule of classes
- Textbook and resources
- Grading and exams
- Homework projects
- Starter code and build instructions
- Helpful tips for debugging