CSE 167, Fall 2013: Introduction to Computer Graphics
This class provides an introduction to 3D computer graphics. We will cover the fundamentals of 3D rendering and modeling. The focus is on real-time applications using OpenGL. You will also learn the basics of shader programming using graphics processing units (GPUs). In the course projects you will build your own real-time rendering engine. Here is a detailed class schedule.
- 11/22/2013: No homework discussion on Nov 25 (was already done in class)
- 11/22/2013: Next week: reduced office hours. See related email sent to your Ted address.
- 11/14/2013: The final project is now on-line
- 11/07/2013: Make up session for homework discussion project 6 is tomorrow, Nov 8 at 4pm in Center Hall 113
- 11/06/2013: Homework assignment #6 is now on-line
- 11/01/2013: Homework assignment #5 is now on-line
- 10/24/2013: There will be late grading of assignment 3 tomorrow at 1:30pm as usual. Please be there on time!
- 10/23/2013: Due to the midterm and another event we're only offering office hours this Thursday (10/24) from 3:30-5:30pm.
- 10/20/2013: Homework assignment #4 is now on-line
- 10/18/2013: Krishna's office hours have been slightly changed and now include Tuesday morning 11-12.
- 10/12/2013: Homework assignment #3 is now on-line
- 10/4/2013: To better accommodate the demand, we slightly changed the tutor hours.
- 10/4/2013: Homework assignment #2 is now on-line
- 9/26/2013: Homework assignment #1 is now on-line
- 9/26/2013: Ted is now ready for use (for grades and message board)
- 5/3/2013: Web page went on-line. Check here for announcements and updates.
Click here for the course schedule.
- Weekly Schedule:
- Lectures: Tuesday/Thursday, 2:00pm-3:20pm, Center Hall 119
- Homework grading: Fridays 1:30pm until at least 2:15pm in CSE labs 260 and 270
- Homework discussion: Mondays 3:00-3:50pm, Center Hall 105
- Instructor: Dr. Jurgen Schulze (jschulze [at] ucsd.edu, http://www.calit2.net/~jschulze/).
- Office hour: Tuesdays 3:30-4:30pm, Atkinson Hall Room 2125
- Teaching Assistants:
- Matteo Mannino, office hours Tue+Thu 5pm-9pm
- Krishna Mullia, office hours Tue 11am-12, Tue 3:30pm-6:30pm, Thu 3:30-7:30pm
- Thinh Nguyen, Wed 3pm-7pm and Thu 3-5pm
- Miguel Paysan, Wed 7pm-9pm and Thu 5pm-9pm
- Location for TA and tutor office hours: CSE basement lab 260
- Section ID: 785834
- Number of units: 4
- Schedule of classes
- Textbook and resources
- Grading and exams
- Homework projects
- Starter code and build instructions
- Helpful tips for debugging