CSE 167 Fall 2011
CSE167, Fall 2011: Introduction to Computer Graphics
This class provides an introduction to 3D computer graphics. We will cover the fundamentals of 3D rendering and modeling. The focus is on real-time applications using OpenGL. You will also learn the basics of shader programming using GPUs (graphics processing units). In the course projects you will build your own real-time rendering engine. Here is a detailed class schedule.
- 12/06/11: All final project summaries are now on-line, as are most of the scores
- 11/30/11: Final project presentations will be in CSE1202 on Friday, 12/2 from 1:30-3pm
- 11/09/11: Alfred moving office hours from Friday to tomorrow (Thursday) from 10am-noon
- 11/03/11: The key for the conversion of your final score to a letter grade has been posted on the grading page.
- 10/25/11: Instructor's office hour on Nov 15 moved to Nov 17, 3:30-4:30pm
- 10/25/11: Mark your calendars: StarCAVE virtual reality tour on Nov 15, 3:45-5pm, Atkinson Hall room 1608a
- 10/14/11: Instructor's office hour on Oct 25 moved to 5pm due to midterm tutorial
- 10/14/11: Mark your calendars: midterm tutorial session on Oct 25, 3:45-5pm @Atkinson Hall room 4004
- 10/14/11: No homework introduction on Oct 17. Assignment #4 will be introduced Oct 24, due Oct 28.
- 10/07/11: Any students who do not have Ted accounts yet please email the instructor.
- 10/07/11: New, additional office hours in the lab on Thursday afternoons starting 10/13.
- 10/04/11: Wednesday lab office hours changed due to conflict with CSE15L. See below.
- 10/03/11: Homework introductions moved to lab 250 starting today
- 9/22/11: Welcome to CSE167! Check here often for course announcements.
- Instructor: Jurgen Schulze (jschulze [at] ucsd.edu, http://www.calit2.net/~jschulze/).
- Teaching Assistants: Gregory Long (g1long [at] cs.ucsd.edu), Jorge Schwarzhaupt (jschwarz [at] cs.ucsd.edu)
- Tutors: Lex Lacson (llacson [at] ucsd.edu), Alfred Tarng (alemfi [at] gmail.com)
- Please put "CSE167" in the subject line of your emails to us.
- Lectures: Tuesday/Thursday, 2:00p-3:20p, Petersen Hall 104
- Homework introduction: Mondays 4pm, CSE lab 260
- Homework grading: Fridays 1:30p until done, CSE lab 260
- Office hours in the lab (CSE lab 260):
- Gregory Long: Tue 12-1p, Wed 12-2p, Thu 5-7p
- Jorge Schwarzhaupt: Tue 1-2p, Wed 12-2p, Thu 5-7p
- Lex Lacson: Thu 10-11:30a, Thu 3:30-5p
- Alfred Tarng: Tue 10a-12p, Fri 10-11:30a
- Instructor's office hour: Tuesdays after class 3:30-4:30pm, Atkinson Hall, room 2125
- Schedule of Classes
- Text Books and Resources
- Grading and Exams
- Homework Projects
- Base code and compilation instructions for homework projects
- Helpful tips to debug your code