CSE165: 3D User Interaction
It lists lecture dates, homework due dates, and recommended reading.
- 2014-02-22 Homework Assignment #4 is now on-line.
- 2014-02-10 Homework 3 q&a session this week will be on Wednesday Feb 12 at 2pm (lab 260)
- 2014-02-08 Homework Assignment #3 is now on-line.
- 2014-01-25 Homework Assignment #2 is now on-line.
- 2014-01-22 For homework 1 there's now a downsized campus model on Ted.
- 2014-01-21 The paper presentations have been scheduled and are listed on the course schedule.
- 2014-01-16 There is now a web page dedicated to the research paper presentations
- 2014-01-09 Homework Assignment #1 is now on-line.
- 2014-01-09 The course schedule is now on-line.
- 2013-11-19 Welcome to the course web site!
- Introduction to 3D interaction
- Application domains
- Output hardware
- Input hardware
- Selection and Manipulation
- Navigation (Travel and Wayfinding)
- System Control
- Symbolic Input
- 3D user interface design
- Evaluation of 3D User Interfaces
- Augmented Reality Interfaces
- CSE167 (Introduction to Computer Graphics) or equivalent
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience with OpenGL graphics programming
- Instructor: Dr. Jürgen Schulze
- Instructor's office hour: Tuesdays after class, 3:30-4:30pm, Atkinson Hall, Room 2125
- Number of Units: 4
- Section ID: 801101
- Lectures: Tuesday and Thursday, 2:00pm-3:20pm at WLH 2208
- First lecture: Tuesday, January 7th, 2014
- Homework: programming assignments
- Research paper presentation
- Designated computer lab for this course: CSE 260, even-numbered PCs have device drivers
- TA: Matteo Mannino (mtmannin at eng.ucsd.edu), Office hours: Tue+Thu 6:30-9:30pm (CSE lab 260)
- Tutor: Thinh Nguyen (thn024 at ucsd.edu), Office hours: Thu 3:30-6:30pm (CSE lab 260)
|Assignment 1 (group)||20%|
|Assignment 2 (group)||20%|
|Assignment 3 (group)||20%|
|Paper Presentation (individual)||15%|
|Assignment 4 (group)||25%|
You will find your scores on Ted. Please verify after every due date that your score has been recorded correctly.
If your weighted average score across all assignments is 100 points or more, you will get a grade of A+.
There will not be a final exam, but the last programming project will be presented to the entire class during our final exam slot on Thursday between 3 and 6pm.
| Bowman, Kruijff, LaViola, Poupyrev|
3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice
Addison Wesley Longman Publishing Co., Inc. Redwood City, CA, USA 2004
All homework assignments are due at 1:30pm on the due date and have to be demonstrated to the instructor, TA or tutor in CSE lab 260.
- Homework Assignment #1: Kinect Due Friday, Jan 24th at 1:30pm
- Homework Assignment #2: Hydra Due Friday, Feb 7th at 1:30pm
- Homework Assignment #3: Leap Due Friday, Feb 21st at 1:30pm
- Homework Assignment #4: Final Project Due Thursday, March 20th at 3pm