This project is an attempt to create a 3D environment in Unity that takes advantage of Oculus Rift and Leap Motion to simulate boxing. The user will be completely immersed in a 3D scene with Oculus and be able to interact with objects in the scene with Leap.
- Integrate Oculus Rift and Leap Motion
- Use physics to simulate a realistic environment
- Form complex bodies that react to interaction from Leap Motion
- Exercise guide
- Possibility for games
- Russell Larson
- Jurgen Schulze
- Oculus Rift
- Leap Motion
- Windows 7
- Leap Motion Version v184.108.40.20675
- Oculus Rift SDK Version 0.4.3 Beta (released 10/24/2014)
- Unity Free Version 4.5.5f1
- Oculus Rift Unity 4 Integration pack
- Leap Motion Oculus VR assets
- 3D BaseMale model
- Leap Motion Demo Pack (for boxing gloves and punching bag models)
- Created simple scene in unity that integrates Leap Motion for interaction with virtual objects.
- Integrated Oculus libraries so that scene is rendered and interacts as 3D environment.
- Added many rigidbodies and colliders to create realistic effects on the humanoid model.
- Ragdoll colliders and character joints allow realistic animation
- Added scripts to control interaction with male model.
- Added scripts to control particle emissions.
- Added scripts to activate and manipulate events.