The homework projects will be listed here once they have been released.
- Teamwork is not allowed for any homework assignments except the final project.
- The final project may be done in teams of two or three.
- All homework assignments are due on the due dates posted on the Schedule of Classes, at the beginning of the time slot for the grading session in the lab.
- You must upload your source code for the homework project to Canvas by the time grading starts on the due date.
- Generally, we will not grade homework projects before the due date. We want to use the office hours primarily for homework support.
- If you cannot come to the lab on the due date, you must email the instructor ahead of time and demonstrate your homework project to a TA or tutor before the deadline, during their tutoring hours.
- If you have an emergency and can't come to grading on a Friday, you need to still upload your work to Canvas by the given deadline, but then you can get graded during tutor hours in the following week.
- During the main grading session:
- We use Autograder, so make sure you have it set up and know how to use it. Once the queue is empty we stop grading, but students with classes during the first grading hour are guaranteed to get graded if they come to the lab within 15 minutes after class.
- We do not offer homework assistance during grading sessions.
How much are you allowed to talk about the projects with other students?
You are allowed to discuss the homework projects with your classmates, even down to the level of algorithms, but everybody/every team needs to write their code separately and independently. You are allowed to use code you find on the internet, as long as it was not written specifically for this course, and if you can demonstrate that you understand every single line of the code when we ask you to explain it. You should label code that was copy-pasted from elsewhere as such, and list the URL you found it at, just as you would with citations in an article you write.
If we find that homework projects from different individuals/teams share identical code without listing URLs, everyone with that code will get zero points for the project, and we will consider disciplinary action as outlined by UCSD's integrity guidelines.